As the modern home became more enclosed with doors, windows and insulation, the need for spring cleaning became more enveloped to release and clear the old smells, scents and sights of the past winter.
In many western cultures, homes have become single family dwellings. Gone is the forbearance of the family clan where many generations lived under one roof. So there was much more need of cleaning, clearing and releasing.
This is not to say that we should not, “spring clean.” It is that many have forgotten its true origin, and importance.
The Spiritual Art of Spring Cleaning:
When many generations reside in close quarters, the shedding of skin, dander, hair, clothing is much greater. The older follies of cooking over a wood fire and fireplaces to keep the hearth going as well as candlelight for the need after dark, does not have the same need for clearing this out.
Spring cleaning is also a way to clear and rid the aura, spirit, body and mind. In the still of the winter, the soul cycles for the dark waters to recede, meditate and allow the inner stillness to guide one for the next upcoming cycle.
Thus, we dawn the spring and re-growth of the soul as the world begins to renews itself; so, too does the soul. The ancient rituals of long ago, knew of this. The more modern “man” forgetting its truth.
As many awaken, they are beginning to feel the need to clear, clean and release. This can come in the form of cleaning the home. Eons ago, whatever wasn’t tacked down was removed “beat the rug,” is an old metaphor of truth. Release that which needs released.
Some many say this is a Pagan ritual. It is not only of the Pagan; it is even older than that. True, High Priestess and High Priest performing the rituals for the village, the family clan. A known tradition that was not written down, but taught. It was modern man, who insisted written word, but as we all know to well written words can become altered. Do you know a true High Priestess or High Priest? Not from a religious affiliation, but one of the ancient; as they are nondenominational and know healing and love.
The olde cleaning rituals are not only to helpclear the space and cobwebs that may have crept in during the winter for the home; this is also for the soul.
Ancient Spring Cleaning Rituals:
- Open the windows and allow the fresh air to come and move the energies out.
- Sweep away all of the dirt and debris. Sorry modern machines only add to the pollution and create an EMF noise that detracts a true spring cleaning.
- Wash walls, the floors and the windows.
- Using a wet rag wipe the baseboard.
- Take rugs, drapes, curtain outside, shake, and set for the sunlight and Mother Nature to permeate their loving light and energies.
What kind of cleaning Supplies are Necessary:
- Cloth rags
- Broom, mop –natural materials are best (cotton and corn) and/or scrubbing-brush
- Squeegee (streak free windows and mirrors)
- Cleaning Solution: 1/4 Cup White Vinegar, 2 Cups Water (Bottled, alkaline, fresh-no modern chemicals) and dish soap (natural fresh fragrance (with 3 drops of rose, jasmine and lavender essentials oils)
- Bowls of sea salt
How to clean:
- First: Declutter get rid of anything that is no longer serving you, taking up precious space and energy. Donate, recycle, repurpose or just plain toss. Get rid of those old magazines that some day you will read, the old bathroom items are past their expiration date.
- Second: Remove curtains, drapes and rugs. Shake and leave for the Sun and Mother Nature to work their magic.
- Third: Clean top to bottom and in a circular manner.
- Fourth: Turn on the tunes. Music helps uplift spirits.
- Fifth: Take your time. If you are stressed, then these energies will remain.
- Sixth, involve the whole family. This is a wonderful family bonding moment. (hint take a small lock on electronic plugs and remove once the work is complete) Plus, kids have wonderful uplifting energies and can help make a game and play this helps the work go faster.
- Lastly, when you are complete. Say a special home clearing mantra. Please bless our home with happiness, joy, peace and love.
Tips: Use old towels and sheets to set down on the floor. This will help for an easier clean up. You can toss these in the wash for another time.
If you are interested in scheduling a Home Energy Clearing/Reiki Session with me or learning how to complete this on your own through a Clearing the Home course in more in-depth manner.
Oodles of Love All,
Natasha Botkin, Master Teacher & Intuitive Behavioral Energy Healer, is a #1 international bestselling Author and Artist. She uses healing soul psychology energies when working with youth and adults by releasing patterns & blocks to help them empower themselves. please contact me at Magical Blessings Healing Center