All of my life, I have been luckily surrounded by the spiritual lessons of trees. Whether these were in my yard, large city parks near my home or now being the lucky owner of an undeveloped forest.
As a child I would play in the forest for hours at a time. I danced with fairies, spoke with elves and enjoyed the whinny of unicorns. To me, the forest is a magical place; even now.
This is a place I often go to restore from life’s stressors, let go of anxieties and re-fuel my well. There are times when a very tattered human being enters a forest and a happy, whimsical being leaves.
Trees have emotions and feelings just like any living person, animal or creature. Check out the book ” The Hidden Life of Trees: What they feel, How they Communicate- Discoveries From a Secret World “ * by Peter Wohllenben
The love of a tree is everything!
Japanese Forest Bathing
Shinrin-yoku is a term that means “taking in the forest atmosphere” or “forest bathing.” This was developed in the 1980’s in Japan for health benefits. According to Dr. Qing Li is the author of “Forest Bathing: How Trees Can Help You Find Health and Happiness.” *
There is mindfulness to Shinrin-yoku.
- Go to a Forest.
- Walk slowly.
- Open all your senses.
- Allow the forest to fill you with oxygen.
- This is the healing way of Shinrin-yoku Forest Therapy,
the medicine of simply being in the forest.
Meditation with Trees
Please note If you practise yoga then you may know tree pose/Vrksasana.
- Stand near a tree.
- Look at a tree.
- Bring your hands over your heart. Inhale and ask the tree to send your heart love. Exhale
- Be open to the tree sending you love.
- Bring your hands into prayer form.
- Raise one foot up to your knee and hold. If this is difficult, then place your foot near your ankle.
- Inhale for the count of 7 as you stretch your arms up.
- Release your hands from one another and sway your arms like a tree in the breeze.
- Hold for a count of 4.
- You may keep your eyes open or closed.
- Bring hands back into prayer form.
- Exhale for a count of 6 as you lower your arms and rest you prayer hands on your heart.
- Lower your foot.
- Repeat on the other side.
- After you have repeated this on both sides ask: “Tree may I give you a hug?”
- The tree will most likely say yes. Go give the tree a hug and allow the tree’s energy to hug you.
- Remain for as long as you need.
- Please thank the tree before you go. “Thank you dear tree for sharing your love with me.”
- Last thing, ask the tree if it will be your friend. “Tree will you please be my friend.”
You have meditated with a tree and made a new friend.
7 Spiritual Lessons From Trees
- Trees are welcoming. They offer unconditional love.
- A tree has a humble beginning. They are planted as a tiny seed and grow into massive beings just like you
- Trees are strong, but flexible. A tree needs to be able to sway in the wind or they would surly break. Sway like a tree during stressful moments in life, and you will remain strongly unbroken. Be like a tree who has a strong root system and are flexible: survive and thrive.
- They may stand alone, but are connected to their forest. Just as you are an individual; you are also connected in a unified way to the collective consciousness and those around you known and unknown.
- Be patient. They do not become their size nor strength overnight It takes years, decades for a tree to grow so large. Patience is divine; God’s in charge and you will receive what you need in divine timing. Many give up just before the miracle occurs.
- The woods adapt to their surroundings. Each season is a time for its own beauty. When fall arrives the leaves change and then let go as they fall away in preparation for the upcoming winter. During winter they add extra layers and when spring arrives they welcome their new growth and then fully showing their full beauty during summer.
- Trees are timeless and wise. They improve as they age from all of their growth, lessons and living; just as we humans do.
Natasha, I would love to learn more about meditation.
Oodles of Love,
* There are affiliate links in this blog.
Natasha Botkin, Reiki Master, Meditation Teacher & Intuitive Behavioral Energy Healer, is a #1 international bestselling Author and Artist. She uses healing soul psychology energies when working with youth and adults by releasing patterns & blocks to help them empower themselves. Connect with me Magical Blessings Healing Center