Let’s discuss and dismantle the worrier concern of the expected outcome. In other words, how to let go of expected outcomes and be happy.
Let Go of Expected Outcomes
In my life I have found many times where I needed to ponder, prepare, and be ready for any outcome. I am the mom of 2 gentlemen on the Autistic Spectrum. Due to this, I needed to be prepared for what could be a potential meltdown. My boys were born with part of the Autism and genetical predisposition of anxiety, worry and so forth. This led us down a very unique and different road.
What is an Autistic Meltdown
An autistic meltdown can be described as placing oneself under the brightest light you can possibly imagine, the loudest volume & sound that you can possibly imagine, and speaking in a foreign language with the notion that the speaker does not seem to comprehend that the individual that is receiving the information does not understand or is super overwhelmed; the expectation is to just get over it. Thus, with this being said, it can lead to meltdowns of monstrous proportions. When the Meltdown stage is happening it is too late and now it is about waiting, allowing an autistic individual to feel comfortable, be trusting and be able to move forward. Some may need a 15 minute recovery, and some may take even longer. There is no one way, there is no one stop shop and what worked yesterday may not work today.
Learning a New Dance to be happy
As I child I was very connected to my Divine Intuitive Feminine energy. However, with my consistent and omnipresent state of preparation for anything as an Autistic parent, caused me to yield my mama bear instincts along with powerful predicted needs for my children and probable outcome. Thus, this can create quite a complexity and for me did so.
It is about learning the ebb and flow of the dance/game called life. It is about being able to take a step forward knowing a potential outcome as well as being able to take a step back when the unknown filters cause you to recalibrate your course to a more golden path that is necessary for your outcome. This is a placement of here ya go – God/ Spirit I lay and pray my worry and concerns to you. Then stepping back and letting it go.
Recalibrating the Course
My sons are now adults and have exceed anyone’s expectation. Therefore, my needs have altered and changed; I no longer need to be prepared for The Final Countdown. Rather it is allowing the flow of my intuitive qualities to shine forth in the most Divine manner. It is not an easy road nor awful road to go down. It is part of my journey. Letting go, unraveling, releasing, and clearing the clutter from an energetic standpoint and belief system. My family is also notorious for preparing for the worst, which in itself has its perks and its downfalls.
This is re-learning way of being. There is nothing wrong with how you made it this way nor the path that you’ve traveled. It is about unlearning, remembering, undoing and be willing to begin again. To never give up no matter what. This takes on a whole other state of being. The state of being able to go with the flow, to release the expected outcome, and to be okay with what may be- unknown.
Ways to Overcome Expectations:
- In Zen there is the shoshin. This is a way to say coming with an empty cup or a beginner’s mind. Being able to happen upon any circumstance with an open mind and an empty cup. This is about allowing the spiritual knowing and then to fill your cup
- See as if you are a child. Close your eyes and see through the eyes of a child. Pretend you’ve never seen this before and what a beautiful Wonder this is.
- Let go of Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda. These offer nothing but worry, resentment and an obnoxious attachment to the outcome. If you catch yourself using these terms stop close your eyes and take three deep breaths. Then let it go.
- Purge and declutter your space. When you hold onto an object, items and such you are also holding on to a memory shell the possible outcome rather than what could possibly come forth. When you let go of things that no longer serve you. This allows more to come to you in a whole new way.
- Practice receiving. Be grateful for any gift that you were receiving. It is not about the actual gift rather it is about the appreciation and the beautiful loving feelings that flow from the gift.
- Be sure to clarify. Your personal point of view/ perspective may have an obscure way of seeing something that may not even be there. Yet, if you clarify this takes away the presumptive expectation. Thus, allowing freedom to bring forth beautiful peace and harmony.
May you find beautiful Joy, Inner Peace and Serenity by letting go of the expected outcome.
Oodles of Love & Magical Blessings,
Natasha Botkin, Master Teacher & Intuitive Behavioral Energy Healer, is a #1 international bestselling author and Shiny Gold Star Quest creator. Natasha uses healing soul psychology energies when working with youth and adults by releasing patterns & blocks to help them empower themselves. Connect with me https://magicalwellness17.com