Anxiety can show up in a variety of forms; sometimes it shows in the most unexpected moments. Please do not worry nor fret. Everyone has anxiety from time to time. For some this may be a moment that passes in time and others can become stuck in the anxious pool. What is the most important is the lack of judgement when one has anxiety showing. Rather this is more about how to let go of such.
Anxiety can be the repeating of worries, concerns and fears in an unhealthy manner. It is like a switch turns on and an obsessive mantra begins over and over.
What Anxiety Can Look Like:
There are a couple of concerns that may occur. One is the physicality of anxiety showing in your physical body:
- heart palpitations
- chest pain
- shortness of breath
- numbness or tingling
- tense muscles
- neck tension
There are times when a panic attack arises and the physicality of the situation mimics a heart attack.
- feelings of apprehension or dread
- anticipating the worse
- trouble concentrating
- feeling tense or jumpy
- loss of memory; feels as if wiped the slate clean
* please note that this is not medical assistance; however I have worked, guided, taught and helped many to release, let go and see another way to handle their anxious moments.
Ways That Anxiety Can Show
- nail biting
- picking at hangnails
- throwing up and/or bulimia
- fear of objects or items; using this as an excuse to not do something. Afraid of spiders so, refuse to garden.
- refuse to attend parties or other activities because afraid to speak to others.
- living in the past with enormous flashbacks
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- doubting yourself over and over
13 Ways to Let go of Anxiety
You have choices when anxiety shows up in your life. Either fight it or learn from this. If you have severe concerns or physically harm yourself, please seek medical assistance.
- Stop resisting anxiety or anxious moments. This makes it worse. Letting go does not mean stopping. This means registering, re-learning a better way to proceed when anxiety arrives.
- Accept that you cannot “control” everything or everyone. You are responsible for yourSelf; take good care of you.
- Use or write positive affirmations.
- Commitment to yourSelf to learn a new way of being. Re-train your body and mind.
- Meditation. Use a meditation app, take a meditation class. Guided meditations are a great way to begin.
- Be gentle with yourSelf. If you made a mistake; so be it; this is not a life sentence.
- Let go of the past and the future. When you release a hurt or a worry then you are able to be in the present; this is where you can have fun, thrive and feel alive. Go away doom and allow you to bloom.
- Write it out. Journal about this. Allow yourSelf to free form and flow the concerns or anxieties from you. Or use writing prompts.
- Paint or Draw what shows up for you.
- Gentle stretches or yoga
- Reiki is a natural relaxing technique that can help calm you.
- Sing , listen or play music. Music is said to calm the savage beast. Let the music flow over your sound waves and be present with the music. Pick up an instrument and strum, drum, pluck away the stressors.
- Spray lavender essential oil spray or burn a lavender scented candle.
I have personally worked, guided many individuals with anxiety along with myself. It took many years for me to understand that the pain in my body was anxiety. Many of the anti-anxiety ideas have arisen due to my or a dear heart needs for restorative calmness. As a parent of Autistic individuals I often found myself in the midst of anticipated outcomes; just in case a meltdown occurs. As my sons have grown older, the need for anticipation has lessened and yet, it has taken years to relax, release and restore myself in a harmonious manner.
Oodles of Love,
Natasha Botkin, Master Teacher & Intuitive Behavioral Energy Healer, is a #1 international bestselling author, artist and Shiny Gold Star Quest creator. She uses healing soul psychology energies when working with youth and adults by releasing patterns & blocks to help them empower themselves. Connect with me Magical Blessings Healing Center